London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent video games publisher working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems Bomber Crew and Lawn Mowing Simulator, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hits such as Human Fall Flat and For The King, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
We are looking for a dynamic and talented individual to take on the role of Franchise Director for a group of Curve third party titles. The Franchise Director will be the Product evangelist, ambassador, and go-to person for information for these titles.
With full P&L responsibility for the successful conception, delivery and publishing, the Franchise Director is the ultimate authority on the projects they manage and will be expected to retain a strategic perspective whilst also being thoroughly engaged in the details of all aspects of the projects.
Reporting to the CCO, the Franchise Director will be responsible for:
- Being the ultimate stakeholder in Curve’s relationship with relevant development studios:
- Creating and maintaining a successfully productive and harmonious relationship with the Developers.
- To visit studios on a regular, frequent basis.
- To build, manage and deliver a full franchise roadmap for titles where appropriate.
- To create go-to-market strategy and to plan a post launch franchise roadmap.
- Creating and leading V-Teams (Virtual Teams) comprising all relevant members from across Curve’s teams to ensure smooth co-operation across the company and clear communication to ensure the strategic and tactical goals are delivered upon.
- Working closely with the VP Production and his team of Production, Design and QA, managing the day-to-day production of the titles.
- Working closely with the VP Marketing and the VP Sales to ensure the Project is marketed and promoted to its fullest potential.
What we want from you:
- A highly experienced games industry professional with a solid career in either senior publishing or development roles.
- The ability to make key strategic decisions across the disciplinary mix.
- Demonstrable success at a senior level in the games industry.
- Excellent presentation skills, written and verbal.
- A demonstrable history of forging and maintaining excellent relationships with Game Development companies.
- An ability to contract negotiation at the highest level and lead-negotiating, including Development and Publishing Agreements
- Having a deep understanding of the full cycle of game development from initial concept to final delivery.
- A proven capability of setting publishing strategy coupled with practical knowledge of modern methods of digital publishing.
- Passionate about games with an extensive knowledge of games across genres and platforms.
- A detailed and precise administrator who can also make a cracking cup of tea.
- Extensive experience of publishing premium model games on console and PC.
This role is a London HQ based role.
What we give in return:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment balanced between in-person attendance in our newly refurbished office and by working from home. We also provide plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and a monthly wellness contribution.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Employee referral scheme (currently £1000 per hire that you make!)
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Volunteering leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Long service leave