London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For the King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2021 was a stand-out year for Curve Games and our amazing titles, and we’ve got even bigger plans for 2022 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a PE backed, growing, vibrant, face-paced company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on.
The Financial Controller will report into the Curve CFO and be responsible for the continued development of the finance function. The role will be responsible for a team of two and take full ownership of the monthly/annual close process as well as evolving the accounting processes as the business continues to grow. The individual needs to be a self-starter and have the drive and ownership to strive for continual improvement, increase diligence and financial controls.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and reviewing all month end reporting (management accounts, GL, AP, AR, bank recs, payroll & KPI reporting) and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Development of internal controls and accounting policies in line with the group requirements.
- Assisting in accounting for studio acquisitions.
- Oversee preparation of annual financial statements and audit. Fully engage the Group auditors as required.
- Weekly Cash flow reporting and analysis.
- Submission of statutory returns (HMRC, Companies House) including working with external advisors on submissions for overseas studio (Vancouver).
- Tax experience preferred, including deferred taxes, Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR) monthly accounting. Liaising with external specialists on annual calculations of relief and with the BFI on certification.
- Development of direct reporting packs and insight into Operating costs.
- Calculation and booking for 3rd Party Studio royalty statements ensuring a high level of accuracy and further streamlining of process. Potential systems implementation.
- Instrumental in process improvement and challenging current process.
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by CFO.
What we want from you:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 3 years post qualified experience.
- Excellent Communicator, ability to work across business functions and multiple legal entities and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong reporting experience, particularly in management accounts and ability to explain variances to forecast.
- Previous experience of implementation of internal controls and incorporation of these controls into the wider business is important
- Experience of managing a team
- Good analytic and systems skills including Excel, SAP, PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in online, data-driven and consumer centric businesses is an advantage but not essential
What you get from us:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro Rata)
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP, Dental and Optical
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Employee referral scheme
- Personal development