Senior Motion Graphic Designer
London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2021 was a stand-out year for Curve Games and our amazing titles, and we’ve got even bigger plans for 2022 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and diligent Senior Designer to join the Creative team in our Central London office. This role will lead the creation of high-quality video content to entice, engage and grow the communities for Curve Games. In an industry where ‘content is king’, you will be key in setting the standard for ‘triple I’ content in the games industry, delivering assets that accurately reflect the vision of our company and our IP.
Reporting to Creative Director, the Senior Motion Graphic Designer will be responsible for:
- Producing high-quality content to entice, engage and grow the communities for Curve Games, across a range of mediums including motion/animation and graphic media.
- Planning and developing content from initial concept and storyboard through to execution and editing, ensuring each project accurately reflects brief and the vision of Curve Games.
- Collaborating closely with the Creative Director and Product Managers to ensure projects are successfully delivered on time and within budget.
- Managing resources and prioritising workloads to deliver projects with the upmost efficiency and escalating any amendments or challenges that may impact deadlines.
- Conducting meticulous quality assurance of final outputs to ensure all content is accurate and ready for publishing.
- Supporting the wider creative team to deliver innovative content that inspires, excites, and pushes boundaries.
- Identifying the latest design trends within the industry and implementing recommendations to ensure Curve Games stand out from the crowd.
- Keeping on top of the market opportunities to make the best assets possible.
- Creating and maintaining a best practice guide for Curve Games to follow and challenge the norms, ensuring the output is reflective of the learnings received from analysing our videos, data points etc.
- Designing and executing 2D/3D assets on a range of Curve products; from initial briefing stage and concepting to execution and production.
What we want from you:
- A minimum of 4 years motion/animation design experience within a studio or creative agency setting.
- Passion for motion design and branding
- Outstanding design skillset and technical knowledge, proficient in Adobe: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign etc.
- A cracking portfolio of conceptual and crafted motion graphics design. Work should demonstrate the ability to experiment, develop and resolve authentic creative outputs.
- Considerable experience in interpreting design briefs and exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organisational and file management skills.
- A strong communicator who is able to provide their creative input, present their work and take constructive feedback all with a positive attitude.
- Championing our creative philosophy – generating brave creative ideas with strong conceptual insight.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to blend creative and technical skills.
What you get from us:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP
- Discretionary bonus scheme (role dependant)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Ride2Work scheme
- Employee referral scheme