Senior Graphic Designer
London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2021 was a stand-out year for Curve Games and our amazing titles, and we’ve got even bigger plans for 2022 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and diligent Senior Designer to join the Creative team in our Central London office. This role will lead the creation of high-quality video content to entice, engage and grow the communities for Curve Games. In an industry where ‘content is king’, you will be key in setting the standard for ‘triple I’ content in the games industry, delivering assets that accurately reflect the vision of our company and our IP.
Reporting to Creative Director, the Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for:
- Planning and developing content from initial concepts through to execution, ensuring each project reflects brief and vision of the brand.
- Collaborating closely with the Creative Director and Product Managers to help shape and create moving campaign assets.
- Producing marketing assets such as Key Art, Logos, First Party Digital Banners, Screenshot captue, Style Guides/Presentations and Print.
- Process Driven
- Managing resources and prioritising workloads to deliver projects with the upmost efficiency and escalating any amendments or challenges that may impact deadlines.
- Conducting quality assurance of final assets to ensure all content is accurate and ready for delivery.
- Supporting the wider marketing team to deliver innovative content that inspires, excites, and pushes boundaries.
- Taking initiative on projects to over-deliver new and innovative solutions, creating and maintaining the best practice guide for Curve Games.
- Preparing production-ready assets and package files for distribution and digital implementation.
- Championing our creative philosophy – taking direction whilst remaining confident to bring own flair to go wild; having that creative vision to push things to the unexpected.
What we want from you:
- At least 4 years+ design background with experience working in an in-house agency/studio or freelancer. Gaming industry experience is a bonus.
- Passion for design and branding – designing and executing 2D/3D assets from initial briefing stage and concepting to execution and production.
- Skills in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a must. Animation/Video Editing/Blender experience is a bonus.
- A cracking portfolio that demonstrates high quality deliverables within a variety of campaigns and projects.
- Experience in interpreting design briefs and exceptional communication skills.
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and able to work reactively to timelines.
- An organised and methodical thinker with the ability to work independently and use initiative.
- A strong communicator with the ability to present your work and take constructive feedback.
- A zest for learning and knowledge; equally learning yourself as well as teaching others.
What you get from us:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP
- Discretionary bonus scheme (role dependant)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Ride2Work scheme
- Employee referral scheme