London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2021 was a stand-out year for Curve Games and our amazing titles, and we’ve got even bigger plans for 2022 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on.
We have a new opportunity for a QA Tester to come in and take responsibility of reviewing and confirming our titles are market ready and free of issues. This role would really suit testers from large organisations who are looking forward to a more hands-on experience and working directly with developers to produce high quality titles.
Reporting to QA Manager, the QA Tester will be responsible for:
- Testing video games across a variety of platforms including PS5, Xbox Series, Steam, Switch, iOs, Android and any future releases as required.
- Logging issues within the bug database that meet report guidelines.
- Retesting issues once they are claimed fixed, including regression testing.
- Creating efficient test plans for owned projects.
- Collaborating with External QA teams to ensure efficient coverage.
- Managing the database to ensure the project is clean and well maintained.
What we want from you:
- Experience testing video games across various platforms.
- Experience working with JIRA or similar database tools.
- Compliance testing knowledge to help highlight compliance issues before they occur.
- High attention to detail.
- A passion for games and game development.
- The ability to write-up a bug in a concise but informative fashion.
- Good communication skills.
- A real team player.
What you get from us:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP
- Discretionary bonus scheme (role dependant)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Ride2Work scheme
- Employee referral scheme