London (EC1V 3RS)
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Curve Games is an award-winning independent video games publisher working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as The Ascent and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Games has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2021 was a stand-out year for Curve Games and our amazing titles, and we’ve got even bigger plans for 2022 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
As a Company we’ve adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we’ve pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a dynamic, fun and creative company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Marketing team and take responsibility for the following:
- Own budget, strategic marketing plan and asset creation, implementation and post-execution analysis for a number of major releases in the coming years, working in partnership with the developers and other internal teams as required.
- Execute campaigns in close conjunction with strategy direction from the VP of Marketing, Executive Producer and other marketing team leads.
- Develop close working relationships within their assigned developers.
- Develop and execute ‘live ops’ marketing programs, betas, play tests, modding and community challenges adopting an ‘always on’ approach to marketing and player engagement.
- Build and execute community CRM strategies
- Work closely with the Community team to identify and execute distinct community building and maintenance activities and strategies to provide a solid and healthy community base for their assigned titles.
- Work closely with internal teams to understand global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately secured.
- Contribute to and manage marketing relationships with key digital retail partners on behalf of the studio; including, but not limited to, Valve (Steam), and third party hardware manufacturers (Intel, etc).
- Contribute to, manage and identify potential key 3rd party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective.
- Proactively perform other marketing and communications tasks in line with the needs of the product and the studio as a whole as required, playing a significant part in the success of the dev team in general.
What we want from you:
- At least 3 years of product marketing experience/product ownership and product launches, working either in a games developer or publisher environment, ideally with ‘live ops’ experience.
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of current marketing standards and practices.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- A motivated self-starter with demonstrable experience of authoring creative marketing plans.
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry.
- Experience or working knowledge of CRM email platforms such as Mailchimp
- Competent in project management systems (e.g Jira, Confluence, Monday.com)
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
What you get from us:
Curve Games are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan), including EAP
- Discretionary bonus scheme (role dependant)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Ride2Work scheme
- Employee referral scheme